Monday, September 1, 2008

Peacful Poem's

Early this morning I wrote a few thoughts about summer, and what it meant to me. I mentioned shade trees, and the Forth of July. It reminded me of some poems that wrote  years back, and now I would like to share them with you.

FINDING SOME SHADE

The sounds of the trees blowing

The leaves falling

It makes me happy knowing

Knowing mother nature is calling.

Calling me

She is everywhere

In a tree

In the sky

Often I find myself going to the woods.

Not really knowing why

Feeling all  emotions, and different moods

Looking at the flowers

Walking in the woods for hours

Glad to be out and free

With my mind at ease

Finding peace, while I read a book under a shade tree

 

CONNECTING THE DOTS

I Look up at the mystery.

The Endless space and stars above.

It Provides me a riddle  before bed.

I Look up at the mystery.

Countless stars and endless mass.

A riddle before my sleep.

I Gape at the mystery.

At the planets and bright stars above.

I Let  my mind connect the dots.

It allows my soul to find the pieces.

To the night sky that is my puzzle.

It is etched deep within.

It's beauty is mapped in my head forever.

At night when I pray, I thank god for the stars.

I thank god for the heavens.

I thank god for creating such beautiful things.

Here is one that I wrote to capture a splendid evening with my wife and niece Cassie on the Forth of July. It was our first Independence Day after 911 happened.

LITTLE MISS LIBERTY

The night begins to swallow the sultry summer day.

Crowds of people sit with anticipation, looking for bright ideas.

Families bringing all the fixins', wearing the fragrance of potent bug cologne.

I see a few people sitting alone.

It is mainly old men, wearing a grin.

A smile so grand, most likely from the reaches of their past.

They hold their heads up high looking to the sky.

On Independence Day, we are all common.

Ignited, excited.

We are forged as one.

United we watch.

Sitting next to me, I see little miss liberty.

She is dressed in red, white, and blue.

Absorbing all the attention she can .

Laughing, playing, and waving our flag.

Wave her high!

I am nestled next to my wife, and guardian angel.

Who would not feel free?

Looking at the divine colors in the sky.

With the shrill sounds of fireworks,

Little miss liberty does not flinch.

Marveling motionless, seemingly like a statue.

Blue eyes bursting with joy.

Leaning into her parents, with her head thrown back.

She does not blink, nor cry.

Her soul is not of property, only freedom.

Little Miss Liberty,

with eyes so wide and wondering.

Now for the grand finale, a barrage of sonic booms.

How they loom through the smoking sky.

Erupting sheer surprise.

Her eyes filled with innocent shock.

Then suddenly applause flew in with the gentle wind.

Sparking cheers and cries.

Little Miss Liberty was filled with raw emotions.

With every burst brought a new one.

I again realized adults and children can easily be vexed by vibrant visions.

There stood Little Miss Liberty, looking around.

She was elated by it all.

I am certain, in the years to come, she will no longer need persuaded.

One thing is definite, this Fourth of July never fell short of bright blessings.

7/7/02

 

May your day be bright,

Wes

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked them very much, Wes. Thank you for sharing!

Beth