Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tick tock goes the clock.

............WARNING THIS HAS POLITICAL ISSUES INCLUDED.......

 

Last night I took the time to write a comment on AOL news stories pertaining to Obama and Biden. Only to stubbornly attempt to post it for over 2 hours,  and to no avail. So tonight went back to read the story about Obama coming to Springfield today. I attempted to post a short but sweet comment and it posted but with no text?

I wanted to go see Obama today, but the paper said you could not take bags and that wouldn't work taking our 17 month old MJ. It was only about 15 minutes away, but it was 90 degrees out today and crowded. I spoke to a stranger who went today and they said at least 35,000 people showed up and they were pinned in. No thank you! I stayed home with my wife and daughter. I went a cut some okra and eggplant out of the garden before it lightly rained.

I'm going to fry some up tomorrow and make eggplant parmesan for supper, but first I will fry the okra for lunch. I'm debating if I should eat it with the rest of my homemade pizza or make something else with it. There are people who eat to live and those who live to eat, I am the one who lives to eat. Speaking of eating, I almost forgot we are going to a cookout and getting a family picture done.

A few of my family members are gathering for love and support. To enjoy the good weather, company,conversation, and the FOOD!   It has been stressed by some, to take photos before my dads cancer changes his appearance, and robs him of his strength. My father and I had a good talk this morning, about life, about love, family, and our futures. It was nice, because we haven't always been the type to talk for long periods at a time. Growing up we would go to museums, libraries, movies, and ballgames, which I loved but for most of it silence was key.

My wife has been sick this weekend, and hasn't been able to do much, but I feel we have done the best we can to make our days pleasant. I just hope she gets to feeling better before she goes back to work this Monday. I have been a cooking fool lately, I have made pancakes, scrabbled eggs, cinnamon toast this morning. Home made Pizza last night and Sloppy joes today with tater tots for these our some of my wife's favorite things. I know most of these things are not complicated, but try it with a baby who has learned how to walk and is at your feet most of the time. Getting into everything that she is not supposed to and testing her limits with you.

I'm not complaining or patting myself on the back for people do it all the time. I am just proud of the fact that I have a loving family to do things for. No matter if it is laundry, shopping, paying bills, and whatever life has me do. I know I have been truly blessed to have people in my life as good as my loved ones and to spend the time with our daughter.

 It is hard sometimes to tell my wife things like that, because she is stuck at work most of the time. She feels left out, which is natural, she spent more time with M.J than me . You have to account for all the months inside her belly, plus months after when I worked full time. Now  I"m  "Mr. MOM" , and proud of it! I know it won't last forever, and soon I too will feel like Lisa.

This world is so complicated  and even more so if we let it become out of reach. I haven't been sleeping a lot lately so I will be wrapping this up soon, but before I do I would like to share the comment that I wasn't able to post.

 

It is almost amusing to read most of this dribble, because some of you are missing the big picture. We have people in the white house that have helped contribute to us trying to survive, in one of the worst times in our country's history. When people use gender, race, and prejudice it is wrong. For example Obama Hussein.

Here's a message to H. Clinton supporters, give it up she will not be president this time. My choices rarely get a mention, let alone the chance to be president. She was one of my choices and Obama wasn't even close to her on my list. And for all the people who can't find real reasons why he shouldn't be President. Try looking for them, it is not too hard. Go meet him and ask him a question like I did. By doing so I discovered he didn't agree environmentally and care about the future of our children like I did. I can't fault him entirely because most of you don't either, but I can demand that any person who wants to be in the white house should care.

Changing opinions to accommodate contributors and voters is what a politician does,I won't know until he or anyone else gets in. I do know that McCain used to be a descent politician, because after 911 he fought for the American people when others didn't, on many issues. Then he let Bush kiss him on the forehead and things changed.

 Biden seems to be a good choice, perhaps in some ways the better of the two on the ticket. Also, another thing for the Clinton supporters who are going to vote McCain out of spite, go ahead but do some research before you vote please. Remember there is the write in vote you could do this November.

Trust me when I say do your homework before you speak. I can find fault with all politicians, they are like us far form perfect. But I can also find 1 good thing about all of them, even Bush. The mentality most people have is hateful like making fun of someone's speech,religion, race sex, or their personal mistakes. When we should find fault in their choices that affect our lives negatively. The world for that matter, like it or not we vote for a turd sandwich, or a giant dush bag. So come this Election in November vote with your heart, mind, soul, and our future.

I know this is larger than a comment but it was how I felt reading other comments. All they do is fight each other and criticize. I don't even know why I bother reading them.

 

Thanks for listening,

Wes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wes, I try not to read those comments, because they usually don't say much of substance. Like you, I am dismayed when people attack a person's ethnicity or ridicule their name instead of focusing on the issues.

All my best,
Beth