Monday, August 25, 2008

Just think about flowers.

I went to my family gathering today and it was pleasant, we ate, took some pictures. My wife and I played with kids, we went to the swingset and they went down the slide. My sister and her daughter Teeter Tottered. I blew bubbles for our daughter and my wife and I went for a ride together on a golf cart. 

My Grandfather and his wife Charlotte showed up unexpectedly making it even better for my father today.We sat in the screened in porch and discussed family, the weather, and my dads cancer. He is letting the grand kids know enough about his sickness, but hasn't told them it is cancer yet. I remain optimistic, but use my strength not to be too sad. But life is what it is sometimes!    

This week I've noticed all the beautiful butterfly's out and about. They fly and play around the sunflowers by the garden. They flutter and dance in the air by the fields and everywhere. I think of a couple of my poems when I think of butterfly's and flowers. I think of life when I think of flowers, and I recall something my wife's father said. When she was younger he told her when she was having a bad day "just to think about flowers."

To me flowers are similar to life, they both our beautiful. They grow with roots, and do better with sunshine. Both require the quenching of thirst, and when it rains it causes growth. We are born to grow free to sway in the winds that blow and spread our seeds. Then life cuts short and puts us in a vase so others can admire our beauty, while we slowly wilt away. 

From the second we are born we are dying .

Time casts its shadow over life.

Father time continues in full circle.

Life's hands fold as hands do with prayer.

Picture on hand as life.

The other hand as death.

When you pray to your god.

Realize despite all cries. 

They are joined together.

So I ask can courage cover the eyes of fear?

 We are born to die.        

 Acceptance and faith is key. 

The body is motionless, but is now free.  

 

Now I will read the poem that I think of when I see butterflies.

 

To walk in the presence of beauty.

To clearly see. 

Let your mind go free.

Visualize a butterfly. 

Starting off as a common crawler. 

Transforming into a weightless wonder.

To venture above in the unclean air.

Gathering pollen from the centers of fruitful flowers.

To live with natures powers.

Acknowledge ones stability.

Ones actions. 

To gain peace and establish self purpose.

We must accomplish goals. 

I am getting really tired and probably don't make to mush sense right now. So I will say thank you to all my loved ones for everything you do for me . Thank you to all the good people in this world for trying to make it a better place for me and my family.

Peace and Love to all,

Wes

                                                                                                                

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are very nice, Wes, and I love the analogy of life being like a flower. It's true, when you think about it!

All my best,
Beth