Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Peace, Love, and War.

With all the political things going on, I can't help but think about March of 2003. I remember sitting at my wife's work at the dry cleaners, watching "Shock and Awe" on my little 2 inch portable TV. My wife and I were stunned that we were bombing people, innocent civilians at that. We watched the explosions ignite the ground, both of us saddened by the bursts of flames, and the booms that loomed those poor people. We had mixed emotions, we were sad for the people, but glad for our selves, glad because we live in our somewhat safe part of the world.

 I have always thought that diplomacy was more important then powerful people sending troops to other countries to fight for unknown reasons. It is more important to find truth in our actions, and to discuss solutions, to try to find peaceful answers to our problems. I could point out the numerous mistakes made before, during, and after the war has finally ended.

What gets me is, politicians vote for war, but not one of them signs up themselves, they send others in their stead. They want war, and citizens to fight for our country, meanwhile they encourage the Blue state, Red state divide. When we should be the people of this nation and of this land, and work together to end this war. Work together to solve all our problems that only gets a mention during election time.  

I feel that we should have peace all the time, not just when a war is going on. But in the house and senate, I've watched politics closely for over 15 years now. It is the same old Roberts Rules, the same old fussing and fighting, the usual patting each other on the back when realistically all they did was agree not to disagree about nothing. The typical back scratching, back stabbing, contradicting, political hogwash.

 Believe when I say, I CARE ABOUT THIS COUNTRY AND THE CONSTITUTION, but have noticed some political leaders have wiped their anus cheeks all over it. I used to want nothing more than to be a politician, to make a difference in peoples lives, by passing  and creating laws that would benefit this country. Therefore the rest of the world, by leading by example, to encourage great things for humanity.

 In my heart, I'm  still  the kid who used to practice signing his name over and over. The same kid who used to practice waving and shaking hands with every one I came in contact with. As a kid I knew that those were things a politician or President would do on a daily basis. The reason I most likely wouldn't is there is to much corruption, mudslinging, and too much hate. It would be to much like "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" for me, I know I can help people more by not being in politics.

I enjoy helping others any chance I get. It hurts me that sometimes I can't help an old couple change a flat, assist the car stuck in traffic, or take the time to help a homeless person. Helping a person without a home is much different then tossing some change at them, I believe the people who truly want help, would rather have change in their luck or life, over a blanket and a couple bucks. I'm sure families who struggle to survive would rather have doors open, rather than get in line to get your rations. What this country needs in is better education, better opportunity,  more peace, and more love.

We live in a rat race world, but we don't have to be rats. I know from experience that our own lives are limited by our own short comings, and our own struggles. I know Life is what it is sometimes, I know that millions of good people feel as I do. We do the best we can with what tools life provides, we do the best we can in our paths in life. All I wish is that society wouldn't be afraid to pay it forward, to stand up for our fellow man,  to take their hands and help them out of the mud.

I wish society would learn some of the lessons I learned early on in my life. Without having to go through the pain, the emotions, and harsh reality's. If we could all put ourselves in other peoples shoes, I feel people would be nicer. We would have more patience, and acceptance for each other. We would have a better understanding of the burdens of others and maybe discover they are humans like us.

I just realized that I'm seemingly preaching to myself!  There is a  saying  "Don't preach to the choir". So, now my question is can "we preach to the preacher"? 

Right now,  I have a song in my head, it is "I'm so tired" by the Beatles, off the White Album. I only know some of the words right now, I could get the disc but it would wake the baby up. I hope you know what song I'm talking about, if not I will put the lyrics on one of my future blogs. I wish to say thank you, and I love you to my family.

Before I go I would like to share one of my first poems I wrote.

Peace:

The United States we vote for representatives and candidates.

We vote for people to prevent wars.

So why do we go into war ?

Why can't we have peace?

For we our the people of this nation, of this land.

So let's all give a helping hand and put a stop to war.

Let us bring war to a stand.

Make peace be our demand!

 3/21/91

 

. I wish society would wake up and stop all wars. For the sake of the future, I wish this war on the Earth would cease. Without the Earth there would be no life!

"The Earth does not belong to us.""We belong to the Earth."  - Chief Seattle..

Peace, Love, and Happiness to all,

Wes
Tags: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"We live in a rat race world, but we don't have to be rats."

What a great way to put it, and how true! I feel that we can't necessarily change others, but we can try to live by example, to show others that being kind and decent is the best way to live. My husband and I are big believers in "paying it forward," even if it's just a smile and a kind word. It's so simple, but it can make such a difference.

Great entry!

Beth